Saturday, February 18, 2017

Love

Love. There has been a lot of talk this week about love. However, this brings the question how does one describe love, to my mind.

According to www.dictionary.com, love is defined in the following four ways.

1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
 
If you're religious and turn to the scriptures for definitions, the greatest description of love is found in the New Testament in John. 

John 3:16 reads, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
 
As I've thought about love this week, my thoughts have drifted (naturally) to Ryan. The following are ways I KNOW that Ryan loves me.
 
1. Work--Ryan works tirelessly to provide for our family. Regardless of how he feels, he goes to work everyday and works hard to support our family.
 
2. Empathy--Ryan has the greatest empathy of anyone I know. When I am in bed for days, not being able to move, Ryan is there giving to me and trying to understand what I'm going through.  

3. Cook--Ryan works all day and then comes home and cooks for the family. He does this almost every day of the week.

4. Service--Ryan serves not only our family, but serves those around us. 

5. Teach--Ryan teaches our children how to help those in need. He does this by showing Joanie and Hunter how to best help me when I need it. 

There are a lot of other ways Ryan shows love. Ryan is my epitome of love. I was extremely blessed to find Ryan and have him as my husband. 
 
The Lord has blessed our lives for the last 17 years. We have been blessed with two wonderful, loving children. We have been blessed with a love that has withstood multiple obstacles. We have been blessed with numerous friendships in many different places. We have been blessed with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
 
Above all, we have been blessed with the knowledge of being together forever. Our love will span not only generations, but will be one that lasts forever.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment